16 June 2013

To All the Fathers


Nate became a dad nearly six years ago. And he embraced it wholeheartedly. The fatherhood role suits him nicely. He is kind and patient and fun and strong. He gets great joy from watching and being with the kids. Benny put on a guitar performance for us this morning. It was his surprise for Father's Day. 

Happy Father's Day, Daddy!
(Strum, strum, strum)
Me and Lila love you!
(Strum, strum, strum)
We hope you have a great Father's Day!
(Strum, strum, strum)

He warned us that he was going to make us cry before he started playing his song. I definitely had tears in my eyes when he finished.


I've always been a big fan of my father-in-law. He and his wife moved to Montrose, Colorado, from Iowa nearly three years ago. It's been such a treat to have them closer to us. Plus, they live within proximity of some stunning mountains and areas. It's been fun to watch Mike as a grandfather. He is amazing in that role and adores his grandchildren.


Nate became a double daddy nearly three years ago - to a daughter. He was terrified of having a daughter. But he's changed his perspective (at least while she's young). He and Lila have a great relationship. It's wonderful to watch it blossom. 


And finally, my own Dad. He's been a wonderful father, but I didn't fully appreciated him until I had kids. He, like Nate's dad, relishes his role as a grandfather. And my kids love him.

Happy Father's Day to all of the dads I know. It's so amazing to watch so many great fathers everyday.

No comments: