27 September 2012

Happy Birthday, Lila!


I would be remiss if I didn't write about Lila's birthday on her actual birthday. After celebrating her birthday on Saturday, I kind of put it out of my mind - knowing that her real birthday wasn't until later in the week. Well, I forgot about it this morning (and Nate did too). I didn't remember until the ladies at daycare welcomed her with a "Happy Birthday!" She came home from daycare with a happy birthday crown, homemade card from all of the kids and a present from one of her teachers.

I felt like a huge asshole.

So, I did what many guilty moms would do: I rode to the nearest bakery, bought a bunch of cupcakes, lit some candles and celebrated after dinner.

Happy birthday, baby girl. I promise I won't forget another birthday. Ever.

No comments: