07 December 2008

How Did This Happen?

How is it already December 7? How? It was just Thanksgiving. It was just Halloween. It was just my birthday - in August.

We've been busy little bees at the Struckman-Brown casa. It's been a good month so far. I'm attempting to write, write, write with the help of a neighbor who watches Benny one morning a week. Nate's brother moved in last week. So far he hasn't been around much. He's a strange duck, that kid. I'm still not sure how this is all going to work out. I can say one thing: He's messy like his brother. Maybe worse. Is that possible?

Nate turns the big 3-0 tomorrow. To help him celebrate, I organized him a little surprise party last night. It was a good excuse to have people over to the new house. We had a grand time. Nate wasn't surprised (long story) but it was fun to plan anyway. It's another reminder of what fantastic friends and family we have.

Benny was so shot that he took a 3.5 hour nap today. That's almost unheard of for the Bear.

And here I am again, wishing that the weekend was one day longer. Wonder if that will every happen???

No comments: