29 December 2008

An Oldie But a Goodie

Phat Pat hasn't made an appearance on Life's a Bear in awhile. Nate and I were reminiscing about a classic Patism over our long drive to Iowa last week. Enjoy!

In October, Nate, Benny, and my parents traveled to Omaha for a wedding. We stuck around in eastern Nebraska for the weekend to meet up with Nate's grandma, Lila. She doesn't get to see Benny much and we thought it would be a good opportunity to meet up. Lucky for us, my entire family decided to stick around too. My family can be slightly overwhelming - especially for a great-grandma.

Anyway, my dad was singing Benny's praises to Lila. He was telling her about how he knows where he takes his bath, how he knows where to get his milk, how he can life a dumbell over his head, how he can walk on water. In his story about Benny's ability to locate his bath and his milk, he detailed out Benny will sign "milk," run to the refrigerator, open the door, grab his milk, close the door, and gulp up his milk.

Wahhh? For those of you who are familiar with 15-month-old kids, you know that most of them CANNOT open a refrigerator. Benny is no exception. But my dad, in all his pride and his inability to tell a story without elaborating it, had to up the ante.

Nate and I looked at each other after my dad finished this story and just rolled our eyes. Another classic Phat Pat moment.

No comments: