01 June 2009

Some Thoughts on Grieving

Although this is happening less and less often, I still have thoughts of our little "no baby." This weekend we attended a birthday party. At this birthday party were at least four women who were expecting their second children. Two of the women had early fall due dates. Just like me. Although I am completely OK with what happened to me, sometimes I wonder what my life would be like if I were still pregnant.

I'm glad I'm having these thoughts. They make me a little sad, but that's part of the grieving process. Although I am not religious, I do believe that things happen for a reason. I was not ready to be pregnant again (although I was getting there). After this whole experience, I know I want a second child and I will be ready to get pregnant again when the time comes.

Everyone handles these situations differently. I think we have moved on fairly quickly and I'm so thankful for that.

No comments: