07 August 2009

What the @$**...

I have many thoughts about the state of the world, country, and my life right now.

1) I'll start with the world/country. As I've made it clear in previous posts, I consider myself a progressive person. I supported Barack Obama in the election. I realize that that does not inherently make me a progressive person, but he was better than the alternative (remember my rant about Palin?).

Right now I'm having a hard time understanding why people are SO resistant to health care reform. People, seriously. The system we have is not working. Admittedly, I don't know much about the current proposals, but I do think that something needs to be done!

2) I'm happy that Sotomayor was confirmed. No one really thought she wouldn't make it. I did enjoy listening to middle aged white men go off about Sotomayor's "record" of ruling in favor of Latinos. Irony anyone?

3) After a full four weeks of working, I'm happy with how things are shaking out for me professionally. I'm getting accustomed to the schedule and the workplace. Benny is doing great at daycare. Better than I ever could have imagined, in fact. I'm so impressed and proud of him.

4) Although I've been saying this for the past two years, I really do have to make an effort to stop cursing now. Benny repeated "oh shit" at the park yesterday when he couldn't get up on one of the platforms. Oops.

Finally, in my biggest what the hell moment, how is it already August 8? How, how, how???

No comments: