16 August 2009

Outdoor Paradise

Nate and I were driving home from the grocery store yesterday and happened upon a garage sale about a block from our house. We did one of those slow motion double takes when we saw a patio set for sale. We've been talking about getting something for our patio so we could eat outside and enjoy the lovely Colorado summer. We didn't want to buy something new (see my goal to buy 80 percent used) and we weren't having any luck on craigslist.

I ran down to the garage sale to check the set out. It was well worn, but a nice teak-ish looking set with lovely chairs. The table top is really worn out, but we can cover that up. We're going to try to restore some of the wood's previous beauty with some teak oil later this week.

Some neighbors came over to BBQ last night and we had a fantastic night on the patio. Nate and I are kicking ourselves for not finding something earlier this summer. We ate breakfast out there this morning and read the newspaper while Benny napped. One of the biggest perks is that it doesn't matter what Benny spills - I don't have to clean it up!

Otherwise we had a lovely weekend. We were in the mountains for a late afternoon picnic on Friday night. My new boss hosted it at her mountain cabin. Very nice. On Saturday we ran errands and cleaned. Today I ran 6.5 miles because I'm training for another half-marathon then Nate, Benny, and I headed to the zoo for a quick visit with the monkeys, elephants, zebras, and more. All in all, a fantastic, productive weekend. Mostly spent in an outdoor paradise!

No comments: