04 February 2010

Big Boy Bed - Going on Night 5

The first two nights of the big boy bed were a breeze. He is slowly, but surely starting to understand what the freedom means. He is also adjusting the fears that come along with a big boy bed.

For example, he wants the door left open when we lay him down. This has never been a problem before. But, before he couldn't really see any light from the hallway because his crib blocked the light. We're hoping a night light remedies this. If we do leave the door open, we have to be quiet. Otherwise he hears me talking and starts calling for me.

Also, he's been waking up super early in the morning. This has never, ever been a problem in the past. Benny would sleep until 8 if we let him. Now he hears me in the morning and wants to get up. The result of both situations is that he doesn't fall asleep until after 9 (10 last night) and wakes up by 6:30. Not ideal for a 2 1/2 year old. As a result, he's been in a very bad mood the past few days. I can't say that I blame him. I'm tired when I don't get enough sleep. I'm just hoping that this transition period doesn't last too much longer. No one likes a grumpy bear.

After we all get used to the big boy bed, we have to move to get this big boy potty trained. That will be another adventure, I'm sure. It already has been!

No comments: