01 July 2010

No Internet = More Time to Read

Shocking observation, I know. Our modem putzed out about a week ago. We've been meaning to buy a new modem, but haven't been moving very fast. So, without internet, I'm finding that I have much more free time in the evenings. As a result, I'm nealy finished with Reading Lolita in Tehran. My rediscovered love of reading has made me realize that I need to consume as many books as possible before this baby comes. Because after she's born I may not have much time for awhile.

This realization is rather serendipitous. I'll be celebrating my one-year anniversary at work next week. I get to choose gift cards to mark the momentous occasion. I have chosen Barnes & Noble. On the short list to buy:

The Bean Trees by Barbara Kingsolver
The Lacuna by Barbara Kingsolver
Oryx & Crake by Margaret Atwood
Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen
The Passage by Justin Cronin
History of Love by Kraus

Any recommendations? I'm running out of time, people. And I need some good reads!

No comments: