14 May 2011

Precious Sleep

It's official: Lila is sleeping through the night. She's been sleeping through the night for about a month now, but I didn't want to jinx it by writing about it. When I say "sleeping through the night," I mean in bed by 8 p.m. and up at around 6:30 a.m. It is glorious.

If Lila hadn't figured things out by herself by seven months, I was prepared to start "sleep training" or the cry-it-out-method. But, she was progressing nicely at around six and half months - sleeping through the night every few days. We traveled to Nebraska for Easter with my family and that's the last time she woke up during the night.

I realize that we are super lucky to have such great sleepers. Benny passes out and rarely wakes up during the night (not even to pee). Lila's cries have never bothered him. The downside is that he's still in a pull up at night and I don't foresee that ending any time soon. The kid simply doesn't wake up. We have forgotten to put a diaper on him at night and he will sleep in wet sheets. I don't think there's anything we can do about it but wait for him to mature enough to wake up.

Now if I could just get myself to sleep through the night, all would be right with the world. Rare is the night that I don't wake up for at least an hour to toss and turn.

No comments: