While I'm working on that list, however, I wanted to share what this friend wrote about keeping a relationship strong. I think she was incredibly insightful. While I'm waiting to figure out what my goals, dreams, and responsibilities are, I'm going to work on this list (thanks Katy!!!). Here they are:
- Remember you're on the same team.
- Kissing, real kissing, is important.
- If you don't have the money, don't spend
- Keep your home clean and as clutter free as possible. No one likes living in a mess and it does wonders for your well being if you come home to a clean house and a made bed.
- A mini vacation to a Holiday Inn for a night can make you really happy.
- It's best to not be critical of your husband's tomato sauce. When you tell him "I don't really like the cinnamon in it" there's no need to tell him 3 more times when he makes it again. He understood the first time. You don't like cinnamon in your tomato sauce. Done.
- The last and most important thing on my list this year and every year- Talk about the shit you don't want to talk about or that makes you uncomfortable.