20 May 2009

Hello, Austin. We Meet Again.



 

It's hard for me to believe that I traveled to Austin nearly a month ago to defend my dissertation. These pictures were taken after my defense, during my celebration. A few good friends accompanied me to the Spoon show at the Red Scoot Inn. I had already had a fair amount of Real Ale Rye Moon Ale. Mmmmm. Good beer. Only sold in Texas. Boo.

I had a great time on the trip (minus the defense portion of it). Thanks to Bob, Tony, and Sarah for making the night memorable.

1 comment:

Katy said...

I was reading your list. I can help you with two, I think.

1) I've found a girl who is an amazing stylist. She's at a salon in Cherry creek called "The Look" and her name is Angela. She's kind of pricy, but worth it because I can go for almost 4-5 months without a haircut. Actually more like 6.

2) Scott and I are convinced we have the best doctor in the world. He's with Kaiser, so I don't know how that would work, but his name is Andrew Robinson. I email him and he emails me back within a couple hrs. I call him "Andy" and we take yoga at the same place. He's really really good.