My checklist to becoming a doctor (of philosophy, that is):
1. Complete three years of coursework. Check.
2. Pass comprehensive exams. Check.
3. Present dissertation proposal. Check.
4. Work (for a year and a half) on a dissertation. Check.
5. Wonder frequently why the hell why I decided to get my PhD. Check.
6. Defend dissertation. Check.
7. Wonder if I'm going to ever graduate. Check.
8. Sign a bunch of papers regarding dissertation, spend $22 to next-day them to the graduate college. Done.
9. Upload dissertation. Check.
In short, I'm DONE!