12 March 2010

Beer Gut

Even if I had wanted to keep my pregnancy secret until after my first trimester, I would have had a hard time concealing it. I've had a "bump" since week 10. Now the bump is growing. I can still wear my regular pants, but barely. With Benny, I didn't start showing until at least four or five months. I know this is to be expected in subsequent pregnancies, but it's a little disconcerting.

I am continuing to run until it's uncomfortable. Nothing too crazy - between 2 and 4 miles. I'm determined to keep in shape during this pregnancy. My goal is to run a half-marathon by next June. Physically that shouldn't be a problem. Time-wise, two babies may make that a little more difficult.

Benny seems to be fairly excited about the baby. He doesn't talk about it unless we ask about it, but he'll say, "Hello baby," when he sees my belly. Very cute. I asked him what he wants to name the baby. First he said, "Baby." Then he said, "Robert." There's a baby Robert at daycare. Funny kid.

1 comment:

Katy said...

Robert... funny.