30 January 2011

9:40 - It's Past My Bedtime

Nate and I got to go out on a date last night. Thanks so much to my brave parents. They came to town just to give us a night out. They are the BEST GRANDPARENTS EVER! Not to mention the cheapest babysitters. We weren't able to stay out very late because I had to come home and pump. It turns out that breastfeeding is incredibly inconvenient when there's no baby around to eat. The joys of parenthood.

So, here I am, it's past 9:30 and I desperately need to go to bed. Who knows what time Lila will be up. She slept all the way through the night on Thursday - 8:30 p.m. - 7 a.m. It was glorious (except for the whole no baby around to eat thing - ouch). But she was up again on Friday night and Saturday night.

I'm willing to overlook her nightly eating ritual, however, because we got some real giggles out of her tonight. She's been giving us little "ha ha"s for awhile, but long laughs. She performed for us tonight - when she was dead tired and ready for bed. It's amazing how small developments make all the work worth it. She can wake up three times tonight if she giggles for me tomorrow. OK, so maybe that's night quite true, but close enough.

Since I'm writing about developments, I may as well report that Benny can now really, truly count. He doesn't double count things any more. He can even count things in Spanish. He's also giving other kids hug, which is very new. I credit daycare. He's come a long way from his shy little self. I can't help but to beam with pride. He's such a wonderful, smart little guy!

We're making our way as a family of four. It's finally starting to feel manageable - as long as I get myself to bed at a decent hour!

No comments: