20 March 2011

365 Days of Movement

I've realized a few things after becoming a mother of two. Among them, I've realized that weekends are merely catch-up days. Catching up on cleaning, grocery shopping, errands, etc. Now that spring is here (Happy Spring!), things have gotten even more intense since we have to keep up with the yard as well. Another realization: It's incredibly difficult to find time to move. As in, get that heart rate up and MOVE! I've been averaging one run a week.

So, in celebration of spring AND in celebration of Lila's upcoming six-month birthday (which, coincidentally, is when she can start riding in the jogging stroller), I'm introducing 365 Days of Movement. I got the idea from the blog 365 Runs, Hopefully. There's no way I can run every day. But I can move every day.

Here are the rules:
  1. I must move every day for at least 30 minutes. That can include walking, running, hiking, yoga-ing, biking, etc. I just have to move.
  2. In the event that I can't move (sickness, business, etc.), I can make it up by moving for an hour the next day. For example, if I'm training for a half-marathon and run for two hours, it's OK to take a day off.
The first day of spring seems like the perfect day to start this activity. Today, I ran/walked for an hour. A good start to moving!

1 comment:

Debbie said...

Good goal! You can do it!