28 June 2011

Greens from the Garden

An example of Lila's food: A mixture of spinach, Swiss chard and peas. Just look at that deep green color. So many wonderful nutrients that came about 12 whole feet from our back door. Pretty amazing, if you ask me.

If you want to read more about making baby food, check out my post here. I mostly follow Super Baby Food with some major modifications.

There are many rewarding aspects of making baby food, but one of the most visual is the bright colors that come from homemade food. You just don't get these amazingly deep hues from jarred food.

Other benefits, particularly by making baby food from the garden: The food doesn't have to travel to get to Lila, we don't use herbicides or pesticides, the food is fresh and it costs less. Win, win, win for us, Lila and Mother Earth.

There are some not-so-great aspects of making your own food. It takes time. Not loads of it, but time nonetheless. Sometimes I just want to relax after full day of work and putting the kids to bed. Sometimes I just have to suck it up and make baby food.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

hapi said...

Hi Sara Struckman, Nice blog you got here! try visit my new post: Blog SEO Tutorial: How to Choose the Best Title For Post. I hope you will learn something from it. Have a great day!