14 May 2008

Not So Bad

After a rather depressing post, I figured it was about time I count my blessings.

At least I have the money and security to live a comfortable life. At least Benny is not a middle schooler in China where he could be one of the many dead children that perished in this week's earthquake. At least I have amazing friends and family who visit often and support me and my boys. At least I'm healthy and active and live in the mountains. At least I could get treatment for my postpartum depression. At least it wasn't as bad as it could have been. At least I have a husband who supports me and is a great dad.

There are many things to be thankful for in this messed up world. And although this may seem random and inconsequential, at least I don't have as many messed up problems as Amy Winehouse. I was listening to her on the way to Brule today. She's an amazing artist, but damn, she's seen better days.

Benny and I are in Brule for the rest of the week after hanging out with our Pretty Girl friend in Denver. Time to get some work done - even though it's becoming more and more difficult as Benny gets more and more active every day. One day he'll just take off walking and then he'll be graduating from high school. Oh well. At least I have this time with him. And for that I am thankful.

No comments: