30 April 2011

Keeping It Real


While I could have cared less about the Royal Wedding in the months, weeks, days leading up to it, I found myself strangely transfixed yesterday. No, I did not wake up at the crack of dawn to watch it. I did check out photos as soon as I got to work yesterday. And I did watch a bunch of the coverage after Lila went to bed last night. Nate and Benny were at a baseball game, so I found myself streaming video while scrubbing the kitchen. There's something about those royals.

My favorite moment of the whole experience, however, was watching the little bridesmaid cover her ears when the jets flew over Buckingham Palace. During such a planned, elegant event, it was refreshing to see a young girl inject some reality into the situation. Kids hate loud noises - even royal kids.

No comments: