03 April 2011

(Almost) Back on Track

After two weeks of my 365 Days of Movement Project, I'm realizing that it's going to be more difficult (or maybe impossible) to achieve the goal of moving every day than I thought. Even though I have the motivation to move every day, life has other plans. For example, in the past two weeks I've worked late several nights. After working all day and getting home in time to put Benny to bed, the last thing I want to do is change my clothes and go out for a walk. Additionally, the weather hasn't been the most cooperative (it was 80 on Saturday, 40 today).

So, I've decided that I can make up for lost time. I missed two days last week. That means that I have an hour to make up. I walked for an hour yesterday so I have another 30 minutes to make up this week. With no plans for the week, I think that's do-able. Plus, Nate and I are going skiing on Friday, so I should be able to bank at least one day's activities.

On the upside, I've been more motivated to run lately. I got off of work about 30 minutes early on Friday, so I rushed home, changed my clothes and ran before I had to pick the kids up. It was the perfect end to the week.

No comments: