30 April 2011

The Shape of a Mother

It's amazing to see photos of celebrity moms after they give birth - all tight and gorgeous and completely unrealistic. It makes normal women, like me, wonder what we're doing wrong. So, when I found this website - The Shape of a Mother - I breathed a sigh of relief.

I am 33 years old and relatively comfortable with the shape of my body. I have come a long way from when I was 15 and eating too little and exercising too much. I am incredibly lucky to have "thin" genes. That doesn't mean that I don't work for a decent body, but at this point in my life, it's more about feeling good than looking good (although that's a nice benefit too). I still get down on myself though, especially I see mothers who gave birth three, four, five months ago with six-pack abs and toned legs. Perhaps that's realistic if you have a nanny, a personal trainer, a housekeeper and a personal assistant. It's not realistic for me. I have none of those. But I do have two amazing kids, a great husband, and a happy life. I'll take my shape and feel good about it!

No comments: