13 September 2011

New Season, New Look

I'm toying with making this blog a bit more legit - you know, perhaps a little less personal and a little more helpful. The blog means many things to me: It's a place where I post memories of my kids. It's a place where I vent. It's a place where I wonder about things. It's a place where I gloat. It's a place where I worry about things.

I'd like for it to be a place where people can learn something. For example, I can't tell you how many people respond to things I do with "I could NEVER do that." This response applies to cloth diapering, making baby food, running, living in a small house, etc., etc., etc. I'm not special or unique or uncommon. In fact, there are so many people who do all of these things and more. But, when I get those responses I truly don't think that people realize how truly EASY it is to cloth diaper, make baby food, run, live in a small house, etc., etc., etc.

So, in the coming months/years, I hope to make it a place to find tips on how to make life easier, cheaper, greener. I'm certainly not the expert on many of these things, so I hope to invite friends to guest blog. I have so many friends who are much better at living more simply, more frugally, more environmentally savvy.

After my streak of blog stalking, I've also been motivated to do a few things. Morgan over at Mama Loves Papa has participated in a 30 for 30 challenge. She picked 30 articles of clothing and had to make 30 outfits out of it. I am going to throw in a unique twist - like 15 pieces of clothing must be used. Or something to that nature. I'm also going to challenge to purchase all of our Christmas gifts locally, from local artists and vendors. We'll see how that works out.

So, with cosmetic changes come substance changes. And I'm excited about them. But don't think you'll be spared adorable photos of my amazing children. They'll still feature prominently here!!!

If you have any suggestions for blog posts you'd like to see, please let me know!

1 comment:

Katy said...

this is great! We just started a 30 day vegan challenge....we're on day 3 and so far so good. We've told almost no one, but the people we have are in awe and like "I could never do that"...similar I suppose to living in a small house, cloth diapering etc. It's all about directing your energy where you want to. www.noanimalsplease.blogspot.com is the new blog.
Can't wait to read all your new posts :)