16 October 2011

Homemade Halloween Costume, Part One

Happy Monday and welcome to the third installment of the Sustainable Celebrations portion of Green Means Go(od). The rest of the month will be dedicated to writing about my struggles (and hopefully ultimate successes) in making my first homemade Halloween costume.

Benny decided what he wanted to be for Halloween early this year. As soon as he said it, I knew it would be a real challenge to make from scrap. But, I got a few good ideas and I'm moving forward. I'm not going to divulge what that costume will be, but I bet you have a pretty good guess (go ahead, guess!).

The costume includes papier mache. I've never made anything out of papier mache. I'm fairly certain using whole wheat flour was a mistake, but there's no turning back now! I'll have more clues about the costume in next week's Green Means Go(od)! Until then...

No comments: