13 October 2011

Superstar!

Last night I impressed Benny with my wicked "throwing-jams-at-your-head" skills.

The scene: In Benny and Lila's room, trying to get Benny to put his jams on before bed. Benny climbs into bed and starts jumping and throwing his jams. I start throwing them back with some mad kung fu skills. We were having a great time. That is until I took it up a notch and decided to jump and throw the jam shirt and jam pants UNDER MY LEGS. It seemed like a great idea at the time. In my excitement, I forgot that I have a two inch vertical.

I jumped (barely) and managed to launch the jams. I landed, with full body force, Mary Katherine Gallagher-style on my wrist. Game over! It hurt immediately and I thought it might be broken.

I iced it, took three ibuprofen and went to bed. It was difficult to get comfortable with a throbbing wrist and arm. But, I did it. And woke up this morning to a still-sore wrist and arm. I'm not sure if this is a case where I need to buck up and go to the doctor or ride out the pain (complaining all the while) and see if this injury gets better with time. I'm guessing the former, but I'm pretty stubborn!

No comments: