02 April 2013

So Much to Do, So Little Time

Spring break has come and gone. I had so many plans for spring break to explore Denver with the kids. And then the Volvo died on Monday, so we were stuck at home (because it was also too cold to ride our bikes). Benny and Lila seemed fine with it, but I was disappointed. We did end the day with an art activity that both of the kids really enjoyed - something as simple as coloring Easter eggs to send to grandparents.


On Wednesday we did make our way to the Denver Museum of Nature & Science, but it was packed with other spring breakers, so we headed home to have lunch and nap in the afternoon. That left Friday. Again, lots of plans, but then Nate decided to leave work early so we could drive to my parents' house. We had time to run errands and stop at the library.

Although we weren't busy, busy throughout the week, I can't tell you how nice it was to relax and have some down time with the kids. We slept in and meandered through our days. It made me long for summer vacation when I'll have both kids for two days every week. Of course we'll take lots of bike rides, but I'm also excited to discover some of the museums in Denver. Like the Clyfford Still Museum and the Denver Art Museum. I recently stumbled on a great blog from Denver, A Denver Home Companion. This week, check out the blog for a giveaway for a membership to the Clyfford Still Museum. I can't believe how cool the blog makes Denver look. I mean, I know it's cool, but A Denver Home Companion reflects it accurately. Please check it out.

1 comment:

emily -- a denver home companion said...

thanks so much for the shout out! denver IS so so great and there's so much to share about it