17 December 2011

Holiday Happenings

Thanksgiving always marks the beginning of the end for us. The beginning of parties, celebrations, and feasts to celebrate the holidays. We purposely didn't make any plans this weekend to recuperate - although we did drive 45 minutes to a birthday party today only to find out that the party is tomorrow. Doh! Benny took the mistake in stride. I, on the other hand, was really bummed and mad at myself. I volunteered to babysit for our neighbors tonight so I could have some quiet time to work. Here I am, working on my blog.

Nate's stepmom took pictures of us before we scooted out the door to Nate's company's holiday party last weekend. I'm hoping to learn how to take better pictures soon. Overexposed flash photos don't really do it for me any more.

I wore a fun dress that has a fantastic story. When I was in Minneapolis two weeks ago, my friend mentioned that she had traveled back from L.A. with some free Jessica Simpson Collection clothes. Long story short, she has a connection with the Simpson family and they were getting rid of last year's model clothes. She got to grab whatever she wanted, stuff it in a garbage sack, and bring it home. How cool is that?!? She had so many clothes that she had to give a bunch away to friends. She gave me the dress I wore to the holiday party. It's not something that I would have picked out myself, but I love it now. It's so feminine and interesting. I didn't know what shoes to wear with it in such short notice - it's navy and black - something else I would never do. But I think it all worked out OK.

By the way, I can't remember the last time I wore PANTYHOSE!


The family photo wasn't much of a success. The kids were far too tired. But you can see our mini tree. Lila has stripped the lower portion of most of the ornaments and eaten/destroyed them. Maybe next year it won't look so sad.

Hope you all area enjoying your holidays!

No comments: