26 January 2012

Remembering Barb

Five years ago, to the exact day and time, the world lost a remarkable woman. Barb Brown was one of the most energetic, fun loving, stubborn, funny, interesting, curious, loving women I've known. She was a unique lady who literally lived life to the fullest - every day. I knew Barb as a mother-in-law, but she was so much more than that to me. She welcomed me to the Brown family with absolutely no hesitation.

Rather than remembering her death, I choose to remember her life. And even though I don't believe in religion, I do believe that her spirit is still with us. Barb LOVED to talk and every time our kids jabber on and on, we talk about the spirit of Barb. Barb enjoyed a nice glass of wine and we toast her silently. Barb enjoyed making healthy, delicious meals that were full of "goodness." Whenever we eat lots of vegetables, we channel Barb.

I miss her still. At Christmas, on camping trips, at the kids' birthday parties. She would have been an outstanding grandma. Remembering Nana Barb is the best we can do with the kids. I hope that one day they can understand what a truly outstanding lady she was.


No comments: