25 January 2012

Something's Gotta Give

BIG SIGH OF RELIEF... Since Thanksgiving, we've been running around the state (and country), changing career paths, keeping the kids home from daycare two days a week and generally been busy. The holidays are always busy. Thanksgiving in Montrose, a trip to Minneapolis (solo), a weekend of Nate rocking out and Christmas parties, Christmas with family here, New Years in Boulder, a weekend in Brule (me and the kids), and a long weekend in Iowa (Nate and Lila). Couple all of that with birthday parties and general adult socializing, and you've got some pretty worn out parents.

And then, just because I didn't have enough on my plate, I started teaching, quit my job and started a new job in early January. I started my new job while finishing up at my old job. This is the first week I've actually been able to STAY at home with the kids. It feels good.

Here's the thing I've learned from this experiment: I can only pack so many activities and events into one single day. So something(s) did give, including the house (we didn't clean the bathroom for three weeks - gross!), any sense of romance in our marriage (that should be one of the top priorities, but it always seems to get shifted to the end of the list) and the blog. Now that I'm settling into a new schedule, I hope to make time for all of these things and more!

Oh, and today I got to walk Benny to school. One of the many perks of a flexible schedule. I know this is all worth it in the end. I just have to figure out how to work everything into the schedule!

No comments: