16 September 2012

Weekend Outtakes

We kicked off the weekend with soccer practice!


Earlier this week, Nate mentioned that he wanted to go camping before the nights are too cold. I wasn't very excited. My stomach has been acting weird for the past week or so (gassy and crampy - could it be a bug?) so I wasn't feeling up to being miserable all night in a tent. Plus, we've had a busy schedule the past couple of weeks and I wanted to get some stuff done around the house.

The three musketeers took off yesterday afternoon, leaving me to a rare night off. I weighed my options - hang out, stay out late, stay at home... I'm not one for staying out and partying much any more. And many of my friends are mothers too, so finding someone who could drop everything and grab a nice dinner would be difficult. In the end, I had dinner with a friend and her family. It was a rare treat to hang out with them without my own family and with half of the interruptions we normally experience when we spend time together.

I left early to have some time alone at home. As I was riding my bike home, I decided to take advantage of the gorgeous weather and go for a bit of a ride. Not far from home, I ran into two friends, who happen to be neighbors, who were outside for a block party. They offered me a beer, so I stayed awhile. Such a cool random accident that never would have occurred had I not been on my bike.

The campers returned relatively early this morning. Nate and Benny put together our new composter!


Lila discovered the joy of markers and stickers - all over herself.


Finally, we capped off the weekend with one of what will probably one of our final feasts from the garden (until the squash are ready, that is), including hamburgers stuffed with jalenpeno peppers, beer battered eggplant and fresh tomatoes. Not recipe worthy, but certainly delicious! Fresh from the garden: jalenpeno peppers, eggplant and tomatoes.

No comments: