26 March 2012

Strung Out

Remember when I mentioned how our schedules get all sorts of mixed up when the kids get sick? Yeah, well, chaos ensues when I get sick. I've been battling a nasty head cold for the past four days. It started with a stuffy nose, progressed to the entire-body ache and now I'm contending with a nasty, barking cough. Nate has a big deadline at work, so I volunteered to take the kids for blocks of time so he could work. When I wasn't hanging with the kids this weekend, I was sleeping. And it doesn't seem to matter how much sleep I get - I still feel hazy and croupy.

If you consider ibuprofen and Nyquil drugs, I was totally strung out this weekend. I even had some extra super strength ibuprofen left over from a mouth surgery a week ago that I used to help with the aches and pains.

Nate did clean the house while we were out yesterday and let me sleep in, but I just can't shake this cold. I barely managed to finish the syllabus for my Activist Media class that starts TOMORROW. So much for reading a prepping ahead of time. And running, well, forget it. I'm now two weeks behind in my training for a 10-mile run at the end of April.

As I've written before, I feel incredibly fortunate to stay at home with the kids two days a week. But today I just want to be IN BED, strung out on cold medicine and inappropriate doses of ibuprofen.

No comments: