31 March 2012

Sleepers

I often only post about sleep when I'm not getting any. Whether it's due to a fussy toddler, a new baby, sickness, whatever, I know that not getting sleep is a huge problem for me. I need sleep like I need coffee, which is to say, a lot.

I've been quite amazed by my kiddos lately. Maybe it's the warm weather and outdoor activities, maybe they're growing. I don't know, and I don't care: They are sleeping monsters! This morning Benny crawled into bed with me at around 7:30 and promptly went back to sleep until Lila woke up at 8:15! We are two lucky parents!

What's more: Lila has started begging to go to bed at night. Last night she was all out of sorts. I asked her if she wanted to go "night night." She screamed "NI NI!" ran to her crib and tried to crawl in. It's not the first time she's asked to go to bed either. What's more is that she never gets upset when we put her to bed, she just falls asleep.

As I type this, Benny is asleep for an uncharacteristic nap and Lila has been down for 2.5 hours now. I love my sleepers - even more than my sleep!

No comments: