26 January 2013

Biking and Life

If there's one thing the Everyday on the Bike Challenge has taught me, it's that life sometimes interferes with goals. (That's not entirely true - I'm pretty experienced with life interfering with the goals and plans - but it sounds more dramatic this way.) In January, I was forced to park my bike thanks to weather and a last-minute out of town trip. I also missed out one day, I'm a little ashamed to say, because I was making a trip to an area of downtown where I don't know the bike lanes.

Otherwise, I made near-daily trips with Benny to school, to run errands, to meetings, to the park, and around town with family. It was a good riding month, indeed.


As the first month of the challenge winds down, I'm happy to report that I've collected photos of someone biking for almost every single day of the month. Don't forget to submit an #everdayonabike photo on Instagram (tag it!) for an entry to win a $10 gift card to Starbucks*. I'll profile an #everydayonabike rider next week and I'll announce the winner of the gift card, so check back on January 31.

*Starbucks is not a sponsor of #everydayonabike. 

No comments: