22 April 2008

I'm too Old for This

This weekend I came to an important realization: I cannot stay up until 2 a.m. and expect to be functional the next day. Nate's dad was here over the weekend, so Nate and I decided to have him babysit while we attended a concert in Boulder. We've been really excited about this concert. Ghostland Observatory. A great band. We both have seen them in Austin (that's where they're from). They put on an amazing show. I want to dance like Aaron, the lead singer/entertainer.

But, here's the thing. I cannot party with college students. Especially with University of Colorado college students who tended to be trendy, drunk, and unruly (so, perhaps these traits can't be tied directly to CU students, sue me). Also, I do not have the energy to stand right in front of the stage. I had to split my time: enjoy the music, fend off the drunk guy wearing a checkered bandana and tight pants behind me. It was all too much. I tried to drink and dance my ass off, but I'm just not that girl any more. Was I ever that girl?

I hate to limit myself to the back of a venue or to sit-down shows, but it may be coming to that. It's Tuesday and I'm still trying to catch up on sleep!

No comments: