18 April 2008

So, So White

Someone forwarded me the "Stuff White People Like" link a few weeks back. Someone else forwarded it to my husband. I read it. My response: Oh my god, I'm SO white. I'm so white it's scary. I mean sure, I'm white. I'm nearly albino. But that's my skin. I always have this secret hope that I can't be stereotyped into "a white girl." But, alas, I can and I am. Geez.

But, there are people even more white than me, believe it or not. My husband and I often get a chuckle about #87 Performance Outdoor Clothes. Of course, seeing lots of people in performance outdoor clothes in Denver is not all that uncommon, but some white people take it to the next level. I have some articles of clothing that perform well in the out-of-doors, but I not to let them dominate my wardrobe. That being said, I'm still incredibly white

Here's the link. It's pretty funny. http://stuffwhitepeoplelike.wordpress.com/full-list-of-stuff-white-people-like/

I'm off to weekend-ville. Next week I'm going to start posting details about my postpartum depression and my stay at the looney bin. I've been working on it for awhile. Look for the posts. I've already titled them: A Case of the Crazies.

Oh, and on a side note, my incredibly white little boy (he even has performance outdoor gear - that trumps any of the chumps I make fun of - I'm the white mom who dresses him in it) has FOUR teeth on the way, not just one. Poor little fella. Pretty soon he'll have SIX little teeth.

No comments: