10 June 2012

Run on, Slacker!


This morning I woke up at 6:30 to run my final LONG run (11 miles!) for my training for the Slacker Half-Marathon in two weeks. Next week I'll be tapering and run a manageable six miles. I'd like to say that I'm ready, but judging from today's run, it's going to be a challenge. Although I finished the 11 miles, it wasn't easy. Sometimes I can run longer distances and lose myself in the sights and sounds of a run. I don't run with music because I prefer to take everything in. However, music would have been a nice distraction today.

I did run around two beautiful city parks, through uptown, and through several gorgeous neighborhoods. It helped that the air was chilly and traffic was light. It didn't help that I was up until 12:30 a.m. because the church next to our house was holding a late night sing-along (long story).

The Slacker race is perfect because it's all downhill, it starts at 9 a.m. and we're going camping following the run. Post-race recap in two weeks!

No comments: