08 August 2012

Cloth Diaper Review

About a year ago, I published a series of posts about cloth diapering. A year later, I still feel the same way: Cloth diapering is a great way to save money and reduce trash. However, after nearly five straight years of cloth diapering (with a two month break between Benny getting potty trained and Lila being born), I am pretty much over cloth diapering. Or really diapering of any sort.

With that being said, I have had the opportunity to try out some new brands of cloth diapers thanks to my generous friend, Caley, who sends me diapers when she's cleaning out her closet. We started out with 16 Fuzi Bunz. I have been somewhat disappointed with the diapers' longevity. The elastic around the legs is shot and Lila's pee sometimes runs out of the diaper completely. However, I do love the adjustable snaps. Other than the elastic, I have nothing to complain about. They are still relatively absorbent. They still look great. I don't think they'd hold up for another kid, but that doesn't matter for our family.

I can say, with some authority, that I don't like Velcro on cloth diapers - not one bit. It's one extra thing to remember when washing the diapers (keep the tabs fastened otherwise they'll chew other stuff up). Also, Lila  can undo Velcro tabs in seconds flat. The snaps, not so much. I've tried Bum Genius, Eco Bunz and a handful of other diapers and Fuzi Bunz still win.

Hopefully I'll have some potty news to report in the not-so-distant future!

Benny sporting his Fuzi Bunz.

No comments: