02 October 2012

Anti-Dentite



When it comes to anything medical, I'm a pretty good patient. I've been through enough "stuff" to handle needles and a fair amount of pain (including medication-free births). But, when it comes to the dentist, I'm a bit of a wuss. This probably stems back to the vast amount of dental work I had as a kid: countless cavities, a mouth full of too many teeth, braces. I've even have a crown. It's not for lack of brushing and flossing either. Apparently I have bad gums, bad enamel, bad everything.

After I had Benny, I may or may not have skipped seeing the dentist for two years. I don't have any good excuses other than my life got busy and the months slipped away. I finally decided to bite the bullet and scheduled an appointment with a dentist located not too far from my office. Turns out that those two years off were pretty detrimental to my overall dental health. I ended up having two gum grafts and the threat of having two more crowns.

Now, the gum grafts were totally justifiable (although incredibly expensive), but I wasn't sold on the crowns. So, after sitting on the prognosis for a year, I decided to seek a second opinion. For the most part, I felt like the dentist was pushing procedures on me that I just don't need - at least not yet

I'm happy to report that I think I found the perfect dentist. He's located a half mile from my house and he's very no muss, no fuss. Plus, he doesn't push procedures on his patients. Dare I say that I may actually like going to the dentist now? No, probably not. But I won't dread it either.

Oh, and he's pretty amazing with kids too. Benny visited him a few weeks ago and had a great experience!


If you're in the central Denver area and need a new dentist, I highly recommend Dr. Tom Croghan and his team! Because, you know, they came to this country like everybody else in search of a dream.

No comments: